Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Iowa Highways and Low days...

Drove 428 miles from Wisconsin across Minnesota and just over the Iowan border.

Admired the vast fields.

Were astounded at the new wind farms.

Looked forward to being back at our "old" parish (Bethesda Lutheran in Ames, Iowa)

Stopped at a rest stop.

The car would not start again.


Four hot, harried hours later, the car had been towed, our good friends had driven the 100 miles each way to pick us up and drive us to the church.

We arrived at Bethesda at 5:15, just in time for the 5:30 Saturday night service; the church was full, the music lively, the welcome was warm, the Spirit alive.

Three worship services, four dinners, about a thousand hugs,  and way too many servings of homemade cherry pie later (thanks Jean!) we were on our way again, fortified in many ways, and with a car that got us safely back to Wisconsin.



 Praise be to the LORD,
       for he has heard my cry for mercy.
 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
       my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
       My heart leaps for joy
       and I will give thanks to him in song.

                  Psalm 28:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment