Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of Teaching Primary School Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is my first day with the Lutheran Primary School first and second graders!

Since I was sick last week, I popped in this week to see the school in action.  I was too shy to take pictures of the kids themselves (yet) so I took a picture of some of their art work instead!

So tomorrow I inaugurate "Fabulous Fridays".  I will spend 35 minutes with each grade teaching some combination of the Christian faith with English grammar, to 6 & 7 year old children who may know next to nothing about either one!

What story would YOU start out with?

We will be doing Creation, with two English language songs: "God Made the World" and the ever-popular "Who's the King of the Jungle" (where kids get to act like gorillas and blow soap bubbles).

I wonder what they will really think?

The "English language unit" which they are working on all week (with their regular English teacher) is called "Introductions".  I am ever so mindful that through games, crafts & stories, I am going to be attempting to introduce these kids to the actual King of the Universe.

Maybe it's good that I'm quite scared.

Thanks for your prayers, and watch for my report in the next few days!


"I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."    --  Jesus, quoted in the Gospel acc. to Mark, chapter 10:15

No comments:

Post a Comment