Saturday, May 15, 2010

What does it take to be a Christian Leader?

Last day of class for the 16 students from 7 different countries in my "Introduction to Pastoral Formation" course at the Lutheran Theological Seminary of Hong Kong.

They were my kindly "guinea pigs" as I taught this course for the first time, exploring everything from preaching, to baptizing, to conducting a Christian funeral, to the importance of term limits for treasurers, to the need for regular time off for recreation and fun!!

I made chocolate chip cookies for this last day and let them know that I expected to see positive results on their evaluations of me (although the cookies were a little bit hard so I'm not sure if that ploy paid off or not :)

They were a great group.  I am really so incredibly honored to be able to teach... and learn from, this crew. 

  Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms. 
                                              -- I Peter 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment