Saturday, June 27, 2009

Graphic dangers

This picture rather nicely captures the feeling in my stomach as I think about our youngest son traveling alone. Ok, he's all of sixteen years old (as of last week) but does that mean he can safely negotiate the flight from Hong Kong to Japan to Detroit to Chicago??? And back again???

It didn't help that when we called our oldest son in Wisconsin today, his voice was a little bit shaky because he had just witnessed an accident right in front of his house - a car had hit someone on a bicycle. A medical person on the scene could not find a pulse, and our son said there was blood everywhere.

Life is so fragile.

I sent oldest son a check to buy himself a good bike helmet. It's not enough, but it's something.

We'll be getting up at 4:30 in the morning in order to see youngest son off to the airport, and we have a delegation of family members who have promised to pick him up on the other side of the world. I think he will be ok.


29 With your help I can advance against a troop ;
with my God I can scale a wall.

30 As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.

Psalm 18:29-30

No comments:

Post a Comment