Sunday, October 7, 2012

Treasures on a Sunday Afternoon in Hong Kong, and news of a birth!


Wayne forgot something up the hill in his seminary office, so we took a 15 minute hike to retrieve it.  And along the way we saw these treasures:

Wayne's colleague at the seminary, professor of worship and  spirituality

All three of our Cambodian students walking
down to retrieve a cheap supper in town...
no meals served in the cafeteria on
Sunday nights!

All is quiet at the seminary pond.
I take photos while Wayne is inside
making copies or doing whatever,
exactly, he needed to do.

lotus blooming

Bugs skating

Bird of Paradise, fragile, torn, exquisite.

The great news this week - a fourth child born to one of our students from Myanmar (Burma). If it were a boy, he would have been named Wayne. But we're all in luck, it was a fourth daughter! So she'll be named after me! [for linguistic reasons... she will probably be called "Christy" rather than "Christa" since the "a" is a masculine ending in the Burmese and/or Chin language]

However, no sooner did I hear the good news, than I heard the update that she had developed a fever and had to remain in the hospital.  I'm uncertain how good the medical facilities are in the rather remote area of northern Burma where this family lives.  Please pray for infant daughter, mother, and the worried father who will not be able to see his baby for several months at the earliest.

I will post pictures of my namesake as soon as I get them :)


Yet you brought me out of the womb;

    you made me feel secure on my mother’s breast.
10 
From birth I was cast on you;
    from my mother’s womb you have been my God

-- Psalm 22:10

No comments:

Post a Comment