Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chinese New Year's Eve Hikes - No guard rails!

Youngest son is off from school for a week because of the Chinese New Year holidays, middle son is living with us until his new semester begins in Beijing, so we've been using our old ploy of family hikes to use up some of the excess energy in the household.

Monday we went to Dragon's Back trail, which true to its name makes you feel like you're a pack of little lice crawling on the ridges of a dragon's back.
Yesterday (while I was at work) "the boys" went to a lesser known mountain called Sharp Peak.  I was exceedingly glad that I wasn't along, because I am afraid of heights. 

Heights with guard rails I can take.  Heights with gentle slopes are fine. 


But heights where you're standing at the top of the world, and one little shove from one of the brothers could send the other brother tumbling down (what seems like) miles and miles into the sea?  I'm very glad to have a job that prevented me from going on this one. 

It's customary for Chinese New Year, to wish each other health and prosperity, so on this Chinese New Year's Eve,  here are words of blessing from Psalm 72:
 3 May the mountains bring prosperity to the people,
   the hills the fruit of righteousness.
4 May he defend the afflicted among the people
   and save the children of the needy;

No comments:

Post a Comment