Monday, January 11, 2010

The sublime & the ridiculous

Sight seeing with one's grown sons is a wonderful mixture of the sublime and the ridiculous.  At times they are in awe of the sights and sounds (and sometimes the smells!!) of Hong Kong, and then the next minute they are shoving each other and sitting on each other's laps in the subway, as if they were 7 & 8 years old again.  Only here in Asia, I can't pretend I don't know them (one of my coping methods in years past) because, well, it's pretty obvious that we belong to each other.

The largest bronze sitting Buddha in the world, on Lantau Island.
 I

 On top of Needle Point, a hike up into the hills, straight up from our home in Shatin. (My calves are still aching from that climb!)




They are leaving in 4 short days.  The house will be cleaner, quieter, and Hong Kong will be way way emptier.

Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; 
His greatness no one can fathom.
One generation commends your works to another, 
they tell of your mighty acts.  
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty-- 
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
-- Psalm 145:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment